Various beauty products and treatments are available to give you a soft and radiant complexion. However, you don’t have to spend a fortune to have healthy-looking skin. The important part is to find a suitable beauty regimen to prevent damaging your dermis. From there, you can apply a nourishing and revitalizing homemade face mask once a week. When making your own homemade face mask for glowing skin, you can use budget-friendly products. To give you a better idea, here are two recipes you can use.
Recipe #1 – Olive Oil, Honey, and Baking Soda Face Mask
Because the ingredients in this recipe are very skin-friendly, this homemade face mask for glowing skin is suitable for all women or skin type. To give you a better idea, here are the ingredients and their beauty benefits.
Various beauty regimens and treatments use olive oil as their main ingredient. The primary reason is that this natural product can provide various benefits for the skin. Basically, this oily substance can penetrate your dermis to help repair, reduce blemish, and promote elasticity of the skin. Aside from that, olive oil can restore the smoothness of your skin without leaving a greasy feeling.
Honey is another popular ingredient in numerous home remedies and beauty regimens. The main reason is due to its antibacterial properties that can help treat skin problems caused by bacteria. But, there’s more. Honey can also hydrate your skin, tighten your pores, and prevent premature aging.
The last ingredient in this homemade face mask for glowing skin is baking soda. This useful product acts as an exfoliating agent that removes dead skin cells. As such, baking soda can help prevent or treat acne breakouts.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon), baking soda (1 teaspoon), and honey (1/2 teaspoon) in a small bowl.
- Stir the ingredients until you’ve created a fine paste.
- Wash your face and pat it dry. Make sure that your skin is slightly damp.
- Apply the paste on your neck and face.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse your face and neck with warm water.
- For a smooth and glowing skin, you can apply the paste once a week.
Recipe #2 – Banana, Cinnamon, and Honey Face Mask
If you have oily and acne-prone skin, this homemade face mask for glowing skin can provide an amazing result.
As mentioned, honey can moisturize your skin and prevent bacterial overgrowth. But, what about cinnamon? Like honey, this wonderful healing spice also possesses antibacterial properties. Aside from that, cinnamon can also help remove dead skin cells.
As for banana, this lovable fruit has various essential nutrients that can nourish our protective layer. A banana can also help combat acne by removing the excess oil on the skin.
- In a small bowl, mash a ripe banana (1/2).
- Afterward, add honey (2 tablespoons) and cinnamon powder (1/2). Stir well.
- Apply the mixture on your freshly cleaned neck and face.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, rinse your neck and face with warm water.
- For best results, apply the face mask once a week.
Tips to Make Your Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Skin More Effective
- Exfoliating your skin once a week will help remove the dead skin cells. Through this, your face mask can penetrate your dermis to bring forth better results.
- Steaming is another method that will allow your face mask’s ingredients to penetrate deeply. Thus, it is important to steam your face before applying the mixture.
- Cold water can help close your skin pores. Thus, after washing your face and neck with warm water, you can splash some cold water on your face.
- Lastly, don’t forget to apply a moisturizer after rinsing.
Overall, these face mask recipes will give you soft, supple, youthful, and radiant complexion.
Olive Oil and Your Skin – http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/estaticos/view/98-olive-oil-and-skin
Benefits of Honey – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24305429
The Health Benefits of Cinnamon – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003790/